We treasure our patients and care for them like family—we provide only the finest for our families and only the finest for our patients. We provide superior care in all aspects of women’s imaging including bone density measurements.
Women’s Center for Radiology uses a superior bone density (DEXA) scan which uses low-dose, fan beam technology to measure bone loss, osteoporosis and fracture risk. It is an enhanced technology that is quick, non-invasive, and painless. This scan is recommended for most patients over age 65 every two years unless you have family history of osteoporosis.
Dexa Scan helps your doctor determine:
Bone Fracture Risk
Preparing for Your Examination
- Tell the technologist if there is a possibility you are pregnant, you recently had a barium exam, or received an injection of contrast material for a CT or radioisotope scan.
- Inform the technologist if you have had any hip or back surgery
- Leave jewelry, valuables at home if possible.
- Wear loose, comfortable two piece clothing without metal buttons, or zippers (You may be asked to wear a gown.)
- Do not take calcium supplements for at least 24 hours before your exam.